Hakuna Matata River Adventures are privately owned and therefore ALL of the following rules must be adhered to by ALL visitors.
We have great respect for our fish, environment, and neighbouring land owners and would like to keep it that way. Therefore you co-operation is highly appreciated.
- All guests to report to reception.
- Trespassers will be given a fine of R1000 per person, they will be requested to leave the property and will be banned from Hakuna property.
- No Firearms allowed on the property; all firearms to be declared and to be handed in at Reception for safe keeping in the gun safe.
- No fires may be made on the ground. Please use the provided braai’s.
- Ensure that all cigarettes are put out before tossing it in the bin.
- No Shouting, Drunkenness or Misbehaviour will be tolerated.
- No loud music or radios are permitted – Play your music / radio at a volume that cannot be heard by other visitors.
- No music / radios after 21h00.
- No polluting – Please use the bins provided for all your rubbish, including fishing line.
- No spotlights are allowed at night – Please respect your fellow visitors.
- No breaking of trees or interference with any wildlife will be tolerated.
- Please do not feed the monkeys.
- No smoking is allowed in the river lodges or the farm cottages.
- If unsatisfied with accommodation, or any grievances are raised, please report immediately to reception, and the matter will be resolved accordingly. If grievances are raised after the accommodation/ camping stands were utilized or after you left Hakuna – no refund will be given!!!!
- NO TRESPASSING ONTO NEIGHBOURING LAND OWNERS FARMS!
- All fishing is STRICTLY on a CATCH & RELEASE basis.
- No keep nets are allowed.
- Unhooking mats and knotless landing nets are compulsory for bank angling.
- All fish MUST be gently placed back into the water. (Throwing them off the bank damages their swim bladder, which is fatal within a few hours.)
- All fish caught must be handled and treated with the utmost care. A 5 litre bucket of river water must be available at all times and used to keep the fish wet whilst out of the water.
- Angler’s hands must be wet at all times when handling fish.
- All fish caught from the bank must be kept over, or on the unhooking mat at all times.
- All fish must be released as soon as photographing is completed.
- Camera, Pliers etc. must be by your unhooking mat so that you can work quickly.
- It is recommended to use fishing line with a minimum breaking strain of 12lb for bank angling.
- NO FISHING IS ALLOWED IN NEIGHBOURING LAND OWNERS WATER!!
The Owners and Management of Hakuna Matata reserve the right to, at any time inspect any/all tackle being used, as well as accommodation, vehicles, trailers and equipment.
You are encouraged to report any visitors not abiding by the rules to management / the owners. You will remain anonymous at all times.
THANK YOU KINDLY AND ENJOY YOUR STAY – HAKUNA MATATA MANAGEMENT